Where can I find detailed documentation on Ongage Analytics
See our How To User Guide under the detailed Analytics section.
Ongage Analytics date filter is by Stats date and not Schedule date
In August 2015: v3.7.118 Ongage normalized all date filters in all analytics reports to be according to stats-date, for more accurate and consistent presentation of aggregated campaign statistics.
For example: a filter of the last 2 weeks in your aggregate report, will show all campaigns that were scheduled and sent in the last 2 weeks, as well as campaigns from earlier than that, that have accumulated new opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc. stats, in past 2 weeks. Note: those latter campaigns will have 0 in the sent stats, as in the selected time-frame there were no sent stats for them, but they appear in the report as new opens, clicks, etc. that occurred after, do fall into the stats-date time-frame.
How does Ongage do open and click geo tracking
- When an Open or Click occurs, Ongage tracks it on its tracking domain (which is the domain you point to when you setup your branded tracking domain in the Ongage platform. See: Tracking and Image Hosting).
- The IP associated with that Open and/or Click is mapped, using an IP Geo mapping database which maps the IP to a country and state within that country (Ongage currently does not have city level IP mapping).
- This data is then stored in the Ongage statistical database and displayed in the aggregate report under the 'Per Country' tab.
- In addition, this data is also stored in the Ongage behavioral database on a per contact level.
- For multiple Opens and/or Clicks, the behavioral DB keeps multiple records for each open and click with a time-stamp (rounded to the nearest hour), which you can view in the Ongage Contact Activity Report.
- Within each open and click record in the contact database, Ongage also stores the geo information related to each open and click of each user.
How are statistics recorded and reported in Ongage, when sending a transactional message to a contact that is not in the list?
Q: Do stats get registered in the snapshot report?
A: There is no snapshot report for Transactional campaigns.
Q: Will stats appear in the various aggregated reports (Aggregate & Transactional)?
Q: Are stats registered in contact activity?
A: No, as the contact does not exist in the list.
- Stats are registered in Snapshot Report.
- Stats are registered in Aggregate Analytics.
- Are not available in Contact Activity.
Note: when possible, it is always best practice to send transactional messages to contacts that are in the list.
Total Number of Click Counts per Link
If you want to get the data of your contacts who clicked on the link. Follow the steps listed below.
- Go to Analytics >> Contact Activity >> Under Campaigns filter >> Select the campaign of which you want to get the data of clicks >> Select clicked >> Click Add >> Click on Generate Report.
- You need to create a report as described above and under the ‘Report History’ page. You will find the latest report you generated at the top of the list.
- Click on the view report as displayed in the screenshot below to get an aggregated report with a summary of all sends, opens, clicks per contact in the given stats time range you choose.
- Export the full detailed report for all the contacts and all their activity (send / open / click / soft bounce / hard bounce / unsubscribe / complaint) click on the 'Export Combined Detailed Report' button. And in exported .CSV you will see a single row for each click with the Link on which click was registered in the “Data” column of .CSV. You can filter the “Data” columns to get clicks registered per any specific link.