3. Choose the Link Type - 'Post-Back Link'
4. Select the name of the Post Back Link you created earlier
6. Send a test Campaign and check the value got updated in the relevant field.
Note: it might take a little while for the value to be updated.
Overview: what are Link Groups
Link Groups are a way of getting aggregated statistics across a group of links, instead of just individuals ones. Let's illustrate this by example, let's say your email newsletter is schematically built as following:
Header & Intro Entertainment News Entertainment Link 1 Entertainment Link 2 Entertainment Link 3 Sports News Sports Link 1 Sports Link 2 Sports Link 3 Weather News Weather Link 1 Weather Link 2 Weather Link 3 Footer
You can create Link Groups for "Entertainment", "Sports" and "Weather", and then get aggregated stats on those groups, in order to determine for example, which group of topics gets the most clicks.
Link group stats can be used and measured across multiple campaigns. Meaning by using the same groups in many campaigns, you can get the overall click performance of those groups, over the course of many campaigns, month, months, year.
How to setup and use Link Groups
- Go to List Settings > Link Groups
- Click "New Link Group" and give a name for each category of links you'd like to get grouped stats on
- Then in the Email Message Editor when editing a link, select the link group you'd like to associated each link with:
About Date Fields in Ongage
- Internally Ongage stores dates in Unix Time according UTC .
- When displaying dates in the UI it then renders that Unix Time according to the format settings of the list field and time-zone of the Ongage user.