- You need the logo file in the SVG format. To know in detail the steps to convert your logo in SVG format, you can refer to the documentation here.
- Go to the DNS hosting provider and create a new record.
- To add the host value, you need to enter the value. Consider for example default._bimi.example.com. The hosting provider will then append the domain/subdomain for the value that you have provided.
- After adding the value, you need to select the type of DNS record from the dropdown list. A BIMI record is a type of TXT DNS record. So make sure you select the “TXT” option from the dropdown list.
- You need to add the value information. The two required tag value pairs that are necessary to be present on every BIMI record: v and L.
- The only tag-value pair for v (version) is v = BIMI1.
- Confirm the L (location) tag is present and followed by a full URL of your logo using HTTPS (where L is lowercase L).
- Click on the “Save Record Set” button so you can generate your new BIMI record.
- You need to also test your BIMI record to check the record you just created follows proper syntax. You can visit here to run a BIMI record check.